The role of the FileMaker developer is to design, develop, implement and support several custom, integrated FileMaker Pro solutions. The FileMaker Developer will have a range of responsibilities, including database administration, feature design and development, and troubleshooting.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for development on FileMaker Pro based solutions used throughout the organization.
• Design, develop, service and tune FileMaker databases.
• Develop user friendly and intuitive databases to display reports, graphs, and metrics.
• Collaborate on database design, including architecture, normalization, and management.
• Creating UI layouts directly in FileMaker development environment, scripting, and creating or modifying fields, calculations, tables and relationships.
• Work with pre-design solutions to support business objectives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Document operational configurations, processes, and procedures
• Establish and maintain security and integrity controls
• Maintain, enhance, and troubleshoot existing FileMaker solutions.
• Provide technical support and documentation.
• Communicate issues clearly while working towards a deadline.
• You must be able to provide samples of past FileMaker work to demonstrate abilities. Must be highly proficient with FileMaker Pro in order to develop highly complex database applications.
• FileMaker 16 certified developer preferred
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience working as a FileMaker Developer
• Hands-on experience working with FileMaker Pro Server
• Experience working with FileMaker databases and Web Publishing
• Strong understanding of relational database design
• API integration experience
• Must have a curious nature with a strong desire to improve business processes through better use of technology.
• Must have the ability to organize and facilitate user meetings to assist with gathering requirements and translating them into technical specifications.
• Must have the ability to effectively communicate project status on a regular basis, with a commitment to the project timeline and deadlines, and the ability to anticipate potential obstacles to project success.
• Must possess excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and be able to translate business and technical requirements into workable technical solutions.
• Endeavor to learn and understand the customer’s business, taking a proactive course in forecasting and planning for their future needs.